Mary wished to say something very sensible, but knew not how.
“While Mary is adjusting her ideas,” he continued, “let us return to Mr. Bingley.”
-Mr Bennet, from Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen.
Similarities between myself and Mary Bennet:
- Young lady
- of deep(ish) reflection
- read great books (mostly – I won’t say no to a good romance)
- make extracts
- We often wish to say something very sensible, but know not how.
- We take time to adjust our ideas.
Differences between myself and Mary:
- I make extracts on the internet
- I can’t play the piano
- I live in the 21st Century, she was a fictional character in the 19th
- I could never be persuaded to marry Mr. Collins
So you see? It’s a fitting blog title.
I shall try to discover how to say very sensible things.